Saturday 19 June 2021 – 10am to 4pm
A blissful well-being day retreat that offers the unique opportunity of a modern-day pilgrimage to an ancient Neolithic circle, incorporating the powerful practice of meditation and nature connection.
Join us for a day of peaceful restoration as we bathe in the atmosphere and beauty of nature to honour the Summer Solstice. Let us guide you on a purposeful journey to Coldrum Longbarrow, an ancient sacred circle located along the famous Pilgrims way on the Birling Estate.
You can either book with your camping stay or, just come for the day. Click “BOOK ACTIVITIES” below and enter 19 June onto the booking calendar.
Forest Bathing with a Journey….
We first gather amongst the trees at Badgells Woodland Campsite, where we begin to calm our minds with meditation and intention setting for the journey ahead. Tansy will then guide your journey across the Birling Estate which covers a section of the famous Pilgrims Way, incorporating mindful Forest Bathing exercises along the way. These exercises will connect you more deeply with Nature, further enriching each step you take. This will be a gentle walk that will take approximately 1.5hours each way so is suitable for all level of walkers.
Crafting a Journey Stick….
Along the walk you will be invited to collect ‘Forest treasure’ in order to create your personal Journey Stick when we arrive at Coldrum Longbarrow. Traditionally used by Aboriginal people to track their journey across a landscape, you can craft your stick to represent your own personal journey on this Midsummer Pilgrimage. Your creation can be kept as a symbol of your intentions for the day or left at the sacred site as an offering of gratitude to our ancestors. Tansy will support you through this process and provide all the other materials you will need..
Reaching the Sacred Circle….
As we settle at Coldrum Longbarrow, you can join in a restorative ‘sunbath meditation’ to honour the Summer Solstice and light within. There will be ample time for relaxation, personal reflection and journaling as we sit with these sacred stones. After being treated to a healthy lunch we will make our way gently back to Badgells to gather around the fire while we reflect on and vision our intentions. Our journey ends with a traditional Forest Bathing Tea ceremony consisting of foraged or herbal tea and a healthy sweet snack.
What to expect
– A beautiful day out enveloped in ancient woodlands, steeped in rich history.
– A day of self-care practising meditation and mindfulness and connecting to nature.
– A unique opportunity to walk on the Pilgrims Way with access to private land owned by the Birling Estate.
– Visit a hidden historic and mythical stone circle more ancient than Stonehenge.
– A chance to go on a personal journey and set some meaningful intentions for yourself that will be super charged by this memorable experience.
– A chance to embrace your inner child and creativity, learning how to make a journey stick.
– A shared experience, walking alongside others to bring a collective energy of peace and purpose.
– A laid back and relaxing day to breathe deeply, laugh and reconnect to yourself and nature.
Framework of the day
09:30 – Arrivals and parking
10:00 – Retreat commences at Badgells Wood’s “Activities meeting point”
10:45 – We set off on the Journey to Coldrum
12:30 – Arrive at Coldrum for lunch (please advise of any dietary requirements when booking) and journey stick creation
13:30 – Guided Sunbath Meditation
14:00 – Return journey to Badgells Wood
15:00 – Closing circle with fire pit
16:00 – Retreat finishes
What to bring
– Comfortable and sensible clothes to walk in.
– Sturdy trainers or walking boots are a must for this walk. Unsuitable footwear will unfortunately not be accepted for health and safety reasons.
– A water bottle.
– Additional snacks if you wish to although not a necessity.
– A journal and pen for intention setting and reflective work.
– A light waterproof jacket in case of showers.
– A backpack to carry all your items in so that you are comfortable walking and have your hands free to collect journey stick items (a canvas bag will be provided for this).